Tuesday, August 29, 2006

On to Weightier Matters

I'm a little disgusted with myself.

You see, when I started this blog, I had a mind to use it as a place for me to opine on some of the larger issues our society faces... and, if all went well, I hoped that my posts might foster some dialog. But I've only tackled a couple of larger issues ( being gay and Mormon, gay marriage ) in any depth — and off-site, no less! And the couple of times that I've discussed issues of import here ( Israel's opportunistic attacks on Lebanon, and America's lack of moral authority on the matter ), it's only been in passing.

I want to change that. So here goes: I'm going to raise a couple issues here that I'll address in the weeks to come — hoping that having this post out there will prod me to overcome my inertia.
  • National Security: This will likely be a several-part series... as it's a topic I've thought about for some time.
  • Gay & Mormon: This is the essay I promised several months back that would revisit and fine-tune the ideas I put forward during my first guest blogging stint over at Nine Moons.
  • Re-engaging the Electorate: This is an issue that's dear to my heart, and I'd like to chat about it, at length.
  • The Power Matrix: I have a pet theory about how nation's operate that I've been noodling for nearly 15 years... I think it's time to let it see the light of day.
So there you go. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

The blog-stalker wishes you luck...you know I'll be reading :) .

Silus Grok said...

;P

Anonymous said...

May I suggest a weightier question for you?

In your opinion, is any person or institution who opposes SSM, by definition, a bigot? Why or why not?

Silus Grok said...

I think that's a wonderful suggestion... I'll tackle it this weekend.

Loyalist (with defects) said...

As one who lives and breaths politics with a passion reserved only for those on Mount Olympus, I very much am interested in hearing your thoughts and perceptions on National Security, re-engaging the electorate, and your ideas on the power matrix.

Not to leave off the topic of Gay/Mormon - but that is a separate topic as well. Of which, I myself, am only just getting beyond the surface.