Friday, May 04, 2007

An Affirmation of Faith

A few years ago, I was asked what Mormon piety looked like by a pastor-in-training, and I answered with a three-part series on the subject (I II III). To this day, these posts are among my most favorite…

But yesterday, Margaret Young responded to a much more nuanced question of personal faith: "What does it mean to be LDS?". And respond she did… with one of the most beautiful statements of personal faith I have ever read. I could say more, but fear that anything I say might cheapen her tender, heartfelt, and lyrical response.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Silus! I read the article and posts you refer to here. Also, I read the article about the stories of three gay cougars. I am going home with a glowing sensation in my head.

Mihaela

Silus Grok said...

Thank you!

: )

Sure miss having you around.