I caught this little meme from my good, but sadly distant friend, the Listless Lawyer:
Excluding the books of my faith: The Old and New Testaments, the Book of Mormon, the book of Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.
1. One book that changed your life:
Home from Nowhere, by James Howard Kunstler
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
It's rare that I read a book twice... but I do recall reading The Man Who Planted Trees, by Jean Gionno a couple times.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
No book could possibly replace the warm touch of another human being...
4. One book that made you laugh:
That Distant Land, by Wendell Berry — though, to be fair, it also made me cry and rejoice and mourn and a million other things.
Man. I love Wendell Berry
5. One book that made you cry:
Angle of Repose, by Wallace Stegner
6. One book you wish had been written:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by JK Rowling
7. One book you wish had never been written:
I can't think of any book that I wish had not been written.
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Nicholas, by René Goscinny and Jean-Jacques Sempé
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Call of the Mall, by Paco Underhill
10. Tag others: If you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged.