Saturday, September 09, 2006

Meme: The One Book

I caught this little meme from my good, but sadly distant friend, the Listless Lawyer:

Excluding the books of my faith: The Old and New Testaments, the Book of Mormon, the book of Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.

1. One book that changed your life:

Home from Nowhere, by James Howard Kunstler

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:

It's rare that I read a book twice... but I do recall reading The Man Who Planted Trees, by Jean Gionno a couple times.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

No book could possibly replace the warm touch of another human being...

4. One book that made you laugh:

That Distant Land, by Wendell Berry — though, to be fair, it also made me cry and rejoice and mourn and a million other things.

Man. I love Wendell Berry

5. One book that made you cry:

Angle of Repose, by Wallace Stegner

6. One book you wish had been written:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by JK Rowling

7. One book you wish had never been written:

I can't think of any book that I wish had not been written.

8. One book you’re currently reading:

Nicholas, by René Goscinny and Jean-Jacques Sempé

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:

Call of the Mall, by Paco Underhill

10. Tag others: If you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged.

No comments: